Daughters

9:15 AM Putri Dewinta 0 Comments


I remember about my thesis exercise last semester. I was so confused searching about the interesting title for that one. Well I'm curious about anything in Psychology, I mean of course I always did the observation, I need to be skeptical, and put so much question mark in my mind, but when it comes to write it in the piece of paper, you will get stuck.

And then again I inspired by my all time favorite musician John Mayer with his song, "Daughters", and finally I found one interesting question mark that made me wanted to do a research for that. Well, I will not tell the exact title here, but it's about the relation between the parenting and their child relationships in the future. I mean I'm not done with the research (since it's just a thesis exercise) but I see with the naked eye there are a links between that two variable. 
I'll tell you a little about the answer, but its up to you if you want to believe it or not, since it's not scientific (yet). 

But yes, one person, in a relationship, tend to treat their partner the way their parents treat them. 
Well I thought (it just me) that it will be opposite, for example, if there's a mother that treat her son with all the love she can give, she's caring, and show the tenderly of hers, as the times goes by, the son will grow up, and will see the woman inside the world the way her mother make him see with her behavior to him. The son might assumed that a figure of a woman is like his mother.
To put my research in the specific scope, I try to see in the love relationship side. So when it comes a times when the son start to build a relationship with a girl, the son will looking for the girl and see the figure of the girl as his mother showed to him over years, and he might treat the girl the same as how he feedback his mother behavior, or, the trust and mistrust he had for a girl is build by the first woman he knows in the world, which is his mother.

And what I mean by opposite is the gender, so it would be mother and son, and father and daughter. But still, it's not a scientific research (yet), and I know that I'm bitching too much about Psychology, but if you're interesting or curious about your partner's behavior, this is FYI.

So maybe that's why there's a quotation "A man who treats his woman like a Princess, is proof that he was Born and Raised in the arms of the Queen"




"Fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers, be good to your daughters too"


Sincerely,
-Daughters


0 komentar: